SanDisk (SNDK) develops and manufactures data storage solutions in a range of form factors using its flash memory, controller and firmware technologies. This stock is trading up 14% at $40.01 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 15.3 millionAverage Volume: 6.1 million Volume % Change: 390% Shares of SNDK are soaring after the company reported non-GAAP earnings of $51 million, or 21 cents per share, on $1.03 billion of revenue for the second quarter, versus Wall Street estimates of 18 cents per share and $1.02 billion in revenue. >>10 Top-Rated Tech Stocks That Pay Big Dividends From a technical perspective, SNDK is gapping up huge here with monster volume, and this move has pushed the stock into near-term breakout territory since it's cleared some overhead resistance at $37.39 to $37.64. Traders should now look to play the next major breakout for SNDK. That trade will trigger once SNDK takes out today's high of $40.45 and then some more overhead resistance at $42 with high volume. Traders should look for long-biased trades once SNDK sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 6.1 million shares. If we get that action soon, then SNDK will have a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its 200-day moving average or $44.19. Any move over its 200-day will bring a previous gap-down from over $50 into play. As of the most recently reported period, SNDK was one of David Tepper's Appaloosa Management portfolio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV