Neptune Technologies & BioResources
Another stock in the biotechnology and drugs complex that's approaching a major breakout trade is Neptune Technologies & BioResources (NEPT), which is engaged in manufacturing and formulation of marine omega-3 phospholipids. Neptune researches, develops, produces and commercializes natural marine products derived from marine biomasses for the nutraceutical, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries. This stock is off to a strong start in 2012, with shares up over 55% so far.
Recently, Robin Cornwell of Catalyst Research issued a note on this stock to raise his 12-month price target to $9.25 from $8.75 a share. According to Cornwell, "Neptune is unique for a bio/pharma technology company in that the cash flow from the nutraceutical operation is able to cover a substantial portion of the R&D costs of the subsidiary companies."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV