SEATTLE, July 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) and Korean Air today finalized an order for two 777-300ERs (Extended Range) airplanes. The order is valued at $596 million at Boeing list prices.
"Korean Air has been a valued Boeing customer for over five decades and we are honored the airline has again chosen the 777-300ER to expand its long-haul fleet," said Ihssane Mounir, vice president of Sales and Marketing for Greater China and Korea, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "The 777-300ERs advanced technology and innovative features will continue to provide the airline with tremendous economics and reliability. Korean Air's growing fleet of Boeing twin-aisle airplanes validates its commitment to excellence in flight."
Korea's flag carrier is in the midst of expanding its wide-body fleet to meet growing passenger traffic in Asia. The new airplanes will help Korean Air continue to position itself as a premium global airline.
The Boeing 777 is the world's most successful twin-engine, long-haul airplane. It is 19 percent lighter than its closest competitor, produces 22 percent less carbon dioxide per seat and costs 20 percent less to operate per seat. The 777-300ER seats up to 365 passengers in a three-class configuration and has a maximum range of 7,930 nautical miles (14,685 km).Korean Air currently operates 34 777 airplanes that include 10 777-300ERs. With this order, the airline has six more 777-300ERs on order with Boeing. The airline became the first airline in the world to operate both the 747-8 and 777 Freighters when they were added to its fleet after a historic double airplane delivery in February of this year. Contact: Kevin YooBCA International Communications +1 206-249-6372 firstname.lastname@example.org Photo and caption are available here: http://boeing.mediaroom.com SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV