The Vodacom Group delivered service revenue growth of just under 6%, with growth of nearly 40% coming from the international businesses and healthy customer growth for the group. In South Africa, data growth remained strong at 10% in the quarter with the growth in data users and usage offsetting the intense data pricing competition. Active data users now represent 46% of the customer base in South Africa.
Germany. Against the backdrop of continuing GDP growth, German service revenues grew 4%. There was no MTR impact this quarter. ARPU growth of 4% was supported by the increase in smartphone penetration, which in turn delivered strong data growth of 20% and messaging growth of 8%. We continue to execute well in enterprise with strong growth coming from the mobile and fixed segments. On to LTE. We now have 193,000 customers, including 20,000 LTE mobile customers and household coverage in Germany of approximately 35%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV