Microsoft (MSFT) posted a non-GAAP profit of $6.93 billion, or 73 cents a share, for its fiscal fourth quarter on revenue of $18.06 billion. Analysts were looking for earnings of 62 cents a share on revenue of $18.13 billion. Microsoft saw strong growth in its server and tools business in the quarter but the stock slipped 1.8%.
SanDisk (SNDK), the flash memory specialist, on Thursday reported non-GAAP earnings of $51 million, or 21 cents a share, for the second quarter on revenue totaling $1.03 billion. The performance topped the average estimate of analysts for a profit of 18 cents a share on revenue of $1.02 billion. Shares surged 10%.
Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) shares plummeted 21.5% to close at $316.98 after the fast-casual restaurant chain reported that sales growth slowed at established restaurants in the second quarter thanks to tepid U.S. economic conditions.
Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV