NEW YORK -- McDonald's (MCD), the fast-food giant, is expected by analysts Monday to post second-quarter profit of $1.38 a share on sales of $6.94 billion.
Germany's Bayer and Onyx Pharmaceuticals (ONXX) said Monday that Tarceva in combination with Nexavar tablets for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma, a type of liver cancer, failed in further improvement of overall survival.Bayer and Onyx jointly produce Nexavar. Tarceva is sold by Astellas Pharma and Roche. Google Delivers Above-Consensus Profit
NRG Energy (NRG) said Sunday it reached a deal to buy GenOn Energy (GEN) for $1.7 billion in stock. The merger creates the largest U.S. independent power producer. Microsoft Beats on Strength in Servers Business
Halliburton (HAL) is expected by analysts Monday to post second-quarter earnings of 75 cents a share on revenue of $6.93 billion.
Chipmaker Texas Instruments (TXN), according to analysts, will post second-quarter profit of 41 cents a share on revenue of $3.35 billion. Texas Instruments posts numbers after Monday's closing bell.
Hasbro (HAS), the toy maker, is seen by analysts posting quarterly earnings on Monday of 24 cents a share on revenue of $832 million.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV