MoSys, Inc., (NASDAQ: MOSY), a leader in semiconductor solutions that enable fast, intelligent data access for network and communications systems, today reported financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Second Quarter Highlights
- Released first generation carrier-grade Bandwidth Engine® IC to production;
- Shipped first Bandwidth Engine IC production units;
- Expanded sales channel coverage in North America; and
- Ended the quarter with total cash and investments of approximately $49 million.
Commenting on the quarter, Len Perham, MoSys’ President and Chief Executive Officer, said: “In the quarter, we released our first generation Bandwidth Engine IC into production and made initial production shipments for customer prototyping and system-level qualifications. The commencement of production shipments represents another major achievement in our evolution to become a fabless semiconductor company. We also completed multiple, onsite operational audits that fully affirmed our ISO 9000 compliance and carrier-grade rating, further assuring customers that we have the capabilities to meet or exceed their quality standards and support their future volume production requirements.“We continue to collaborate closely with new and existing customers to integrate our high-speed, serial access Bandwidth Engine IC into their next-generation systems. Over the last few months, we expanded our sales and support channel, with a strong focus on accelerating customer adoption and increasing design win momentum.” Second Quarter Results Total net revenue for the second quarter of 2012 was $1.7 million, compared with $1.4 million reported in the first quarter of 2012 and $3.3 million in the second quarter of 2011. Second quarter 2012 total revenue included licensing and other revenue of $0.6 million, compared with $0.2 million for the previous quarter and $1.2 million for the second quarter of 2011. Second quarter 2012 royalty revenue was $1.1 million, compared with $1.2 million in the previous quarter and $2.1 million for the second quarter of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV