Thank you, Gustav. Good evening. We built on the momentum from the first quarter by focusing on three key objectives: patient identification, patient treatment and patient re-treatment. We remain dedicated to providing patients and healthcare providers with unparalleled resources to build awareness, treat and manage acute attacks of HAE. The results of these efforts have been meaningful. In the second quarter, KALBITOR net sales were 9.2 million, an increase of 14% quarter-over-quarter, reflecting steady increases across multiple patient metrics.
As of June 30th, 518 patients were treated with KALBITOR, an increase of 12% from the first quarter; 59% of patients with drug are now treating. The vast majority of these patients have already re-treated with KALBITOR, and the KALBITOR treatment rate remains between six to nine attacks on a forecasted, annualized basis, and KALBITOR patients receiving patient-supplied drug, or PSD, are showing treatment rates at the top or above this range. This strong, consistent growth is a result of our focused marketing plan, an expanding suite of support and service programs which continues to distinguish Dyax as a leader in the treatment of HAE.
One program that clearly differentiates Dyax in the HAE marketplace is the KALBITOR home infusion services. This program provides patients with a convenient, monitored treatment option in the comfort of their home by a qualified and knowledgeable home infusion nurse, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Both patients and physicians increasingly recognize the value of this service, with most new patients electing this option.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV