W.W. Grainger (GWW) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, W.W. Grainger fell $4.85 (-2.3%) to $205.72 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of W.W. Grainger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 757,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $204.78-$210.57 after having opened the day at $210.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $210.57. Other company's within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: Nash-Finch Company (NAFC), down 7.8%, Bluelinx Holdings (BXC), down 5.6%, Hudson Technology (HDSN), down 4.2%, and SinoHub (SIHI), down 3.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full W.W. Grainger Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GWW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV