Valspar Corporation (VAL) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Valspar Corporation fell 56 cents (-1.1%) to $50.56 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of Valspar Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 849,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.90-$51.23 after having opened the day at $51.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.12. Other company's within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Synthesis Energy Sys (SYMX), down 10.3%, Renewable Energy Group (REGI), down 9.2%, BioFuel Energy Corporation (BIOF), down 8.8%, and Lizhan Environmental (LZEN), down 5.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Valspar Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about VAL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV