Novartis (NVS) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs leader. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Novartis rose $1 (1.8%) to $57.36 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of Novartis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $56.92-$57.45 after having opened the day at $57.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.36. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: pSivida (PSDV), up 28%, Rexahn Pharmaceuticals (RNN), up 20.6%, Pluristem Therapeutic (PSTI), up 19%, and Bacterin International Holdings (BONE), up 17.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Novartis Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about NVS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV