Western Alliance Bancorporation (NYSE:WAL) announced today its financial results for the second quarter 2012.
Second Quarter 2012 Highlights:
- Net income of $14.0 million, an increase of 23.9% compared to $11.3 million for the first quarter 2012 and an increase of 126% compared to $6.2 million for the second quarter 2011
- Earnings per share of $0.15, an increase of 25% compared to $0.12 per share for the first quarter 2012 and an increase of three times compared to $0.05 per share in the second quarter 2011
- Pre-tax, pre-provision operating earnings of $32.1 million, up from $31.7 million in first quarter 2012 and up 16.3% from $27.6 million in second quarter 2011 1
- Net interest margin of 4.46% compared to 4.53% in the first quarter of 2012 and 4.34% in the second quarter 2011
- Total loans of $5.16 billion, up $239 million from March 31, 2012, and up $753 million from June 30, 2011
- Total deposits of $6.0 billion, up $102 million from March 31, 2012 and up $413 million from June 30, 2011
- Nonperforming assets (nonaccrual loans and repossessed assets) decreased to 2.5% of total assets from 2.7% in first quarter 2012 and 3.1% in second quarter 2011
- Net loan charge-offs (annualized) to average loans outstanding declined to 1.11% from 1.18% in the first quarter 2012 and 1.26% in the second quarter of 2011
- Tier I Leverage capital of 9.7% and Total Risk-Based Capital ratio of 12.3%, compared to 9.5% and 13.1% a year ago
- Total equity of $672.1 million, up $18.0 million from March 31, 2012 and up $35.4 million from December 31, 2011
“Our strong growth trends continued in the second quarter with record revenue during the period and tripling our earnings per share from a year ago,” said Robert Sarver, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Western Alliance Bancorporation. “With over $300 million in both loan and deposit growth in 2012, we have maintained our earnings power momentum while continuing to improve the asset quality composition of our balance sheet. From our success in achieving the goals as a participant in the Small Business Lending Fund, we expect to see the dividend rate on our preferred stock fall to one percent this quarter from 3.7 percent during the second.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV