- Net income of $14.0 million, an increase of 23.9% compared to $11.3 million for the first quarter 2012 and an increase of 126% compared to $6.2 million for the second quarter 2011
- Earnings per share of $0.15, an increase of 25% compared to $0.12 per share for the first quarter 2012 and an increase of three times compared to $0.05 per share in the second quarter 2011
- Pre-tax, pre-provision operating earnings of $32.1 million, up from $31.7 million in first quarter 2012 and up 16.3% from $27.6 million in second quarter 2011 1
- Net interest margin of 4.46% compared to 4.53% in the first quarter of 2012 and 4.34% in the second quarter 2011
- Total loans of $5.16 billion, up $239 million from March 31, 2012, and up $753 million from June 30, 2011
- Total deposits of $6.0 billion, up $102 million from March 31, 2012 and up $413 million from June 30, 2011
- Nonperforming assets (nonaccrual loans and repossessed assets) decreased to 2.5% of total assets from 2.7% in first quarter 2012 and 3.1% in second quarter 2011
- Net loan charge-offs (annualized) to average loans outstanding declined to 1.11% from 1.18% in the first quarter 2012 and 1.26% in the second quarter of 2011
- Tier I Leverage capital of 9.7% and Total Risk-Based Capital ratio of 12.3%, compared to 9.5% and 13.1% a year ago
- Total equity of $672.1 million, up $18.0 million from March 31, 2012 and up $35.4 million from December 31, 2011
Western Alliance Reports Second Quarter 2012 Net Income Of $14.0 Million, Or $0.15 Per Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.