Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: MRH), (“Montpelier” or the “Company”), a leading provider of short-tail reinsurance and other specialty lines, announced today that John Dalton has been appointed President of Montpelier Underwriting Inc. (MUI), effective immediately. Mr. Dalton will report to Richard Chattock, Chief Underwriting Officer at Montpelier Syndicate 5151.
Mr. Dalton has been responsible for overseeing the development and operation of MUI's excess of loss property facultative business since he joined the company in 2008. He has more than three decades of experience underwriting and managing facultative business including 16 years at Swiss Reinsurance America Corporation where he was responsible for brokered property facultative business for North and South America.
Mr. Chattock said, “John has done an admirable job the past few years maintaining the direct property facultative book of business through a difficult market period. I look forward to continue working with John to grow our US presence.”
The Company, through its operating subsidiaries, is a premier provider of global property and casualty reinsurance and insurance products. Additional information can be found on
www.montpelierre.bm or in the Company’s public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV