Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBST) today announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012. The Company will host a conference call and webcast today at 5:00 p.m. ET (details below).
Financial Highlights for the Second Quarter of 2012 (unaudited)
- For the second consecutive quarter, total net revenues grew 30% over the same period in 2011. Q2 2012 total net revenues were $230.6 million, compared to $176.8 million in Q2 2011.
- U.S. CUBICIN® (daptomycin for injection) net product revenues increased 19% to $200.2 million from $168.6 million in Q2 2011; CUBICIN international revenues increased 47% to $11.4 million, compared to $7.7 million in Q2 2011.
- Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share (EPS) increased 28% to $0.68, compared to $0.53 in Q2 2011; GAAP diluted EPS was $0.58, compared to a loss of $0.34 per share in Q2 2011.
- Non-GAAP adjusted operating income increased 23% to $71.1 million, compared to $57.7 million in Q2 2011; GAAP operating income was $61.5 million, compared to an operating loss of $24.2 million in Q2 2011.
Michael Bonney, CEO of Cubist, said, “With another strong quarter, driven by revenue growth of 30% and a marked increase in bottom line growth, we are very pleased with the first half of 2012. We’re off to a strong start as we drive toward our Building Blocks of Growth five-year goals, and we look forward to a promising second half of 2012 as we continue to focus on creating long-term shareholder value.”
Cubist recorded a $5 million bonus from Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in the second quarter of 2012, for achieving the first year revenue target, bringing DIFICID® (fidaxomicin) service revenues for the quarter to $8.7 million. ENTEREG® (alvimopan), acquired through our acquisition of Adolor Corporation in December 2011, net product revenues were $9.7 million in Q2 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV