It is important to note these metrics and other non-GAAP measures may involve judgment by management and should be considered in addition to, not as a substitute for, or superior to, net income (loss), consolidated statements of cash flows, or other measures of financial performance prepared in accordance with GAAP. For additional information on the adjustments to these non-GAAP measures, please see the Company’s financial statements and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Results of Operations and Financial Condition” that will be included in the periodic report the Company expects to file with the SEC with respect to the financial periods discussed herein.
(1) The following table provides a reconciliation for the calculation of the income tax impact related to legal settlements and reserves on diluted EPS (dollars in thousands, except per share amounts):
|Reversal of the ARS reserve||$||10,190||$||0.03|
Legal settlements and other reserves
Legal settlements and reserves
Income tax benefit related to legal settlements and reserves
Legal settlements and reserves, after tax
(2) The annualized growth rate for net new brokerage assets is calculated by annualizing net new brokerage assets during the current period divided by the sum of security holdings, customer payables (cash), customer cash balances held by third parties and sweep deposits for the previous period end.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts