We are contracting for waste where it makes sense and we continue to expand our special waste business, which allows us to replace lower price spot waste with higher price special waste. Overall, our tip fee pricing was up about half a percent in Q2.
During the quarter, we also successfully extended waste contracts with two long-term clients. First, we amended and extended the contract relating to our Stanislaus County California facility. This contract now run through 2027 with our municipal clients still delivering virtually all of the waste. But as of July 1st, the contract structure has been converted from a service fee to a tip fee.
We’ve talked many times about what happens when a facility converts from a service fee to a tip fee, but I think its worth reviewing because this is complex with many changes to revenue and expense. We will now receive all of the energy revenue and metal revenues at this plant and we will have the opportunity to implement some of our organic growth initiatives. That’s the benefit for us.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV