Stillwater Mining (SWC) is engaged in the development, extraction, processing, smelting, refining and marketing of palladium, platinum and associated metals from a geological formation in south-central Montana, the J-M Reef, and from the recycling of spent catalytic converters. This stock is trading up 6.1% at $8.47 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $8.02-$8.5652-Week Range: $7.31-$17.10 Volume: 1 million Three-Month Average Volume: 1.9 million From a technical perspective, SWC is moving sharply to the upside here on light volume. From the looks of the chart, SWC is starting to form a major bottoming pattern at around $7.77 to $7.96. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once SWC manages to clear its 50-day moving average of $8.68 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above $8.68 with volume that's near or above 1.9 million shares. If we get that action and you go long, then I would add to any positions once SWC takes out some near-term overheard resistance at $9.71 with heavy volume. Target a possible spike back toward its 200-day moving average of $10.93, or even possibly $12. Keep in mind that those targets will only have a chance of being hit if SWC can maintain a strong volume trend above its 50-day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV