OCZ Technology (OCZ) designs, manufactures, and distributes solid-state drives and computer components. This stock is trading up 24% to $5.69 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $4.87-$5.5052-week Range: $4.14-$10.05 Volume: 5.7 million Three-Month Average Volume: 2.4 million Shares of OCZ are soaring higher today after Fudzilla.com, a hardware industry blog, reported that Seagate (STX) is considering acquiring OCZ to boost its SSD product portfolio. The Web site said a deal could be announced as early as next week. From a technical perspective, OCZ has recently marked a double bottom chart pattern at around $4.14 to $4.21. This move today has now gapped OCZ back above its 50-day moving average of $5.14 with monster volume. Traders should now look to play the next major breakout trade for OCZ. That trade will hit once the stock takes its 200-day moving average of $6.76 with high volume. Traders should look for long-biased trades in OCZ as long as it holds its trend above the 50-day at $5.14, and then once it sustains a move or close over $6.76 with volume that's near or above 2.4 million shares. If we get that breakout soon, then OCZ should trend higher back towards its next significant overhead resistance levels at $7.40 to $8. OCZ was also featured recently in "5 Stocks Poised to Pop on Bullish Earnings."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV