"When Vail Resorts, approached us with an incredible project such as this, we at The Nature Conservancy seized on the opportunity to not only help bring more families into the national forests, but to inspire them through nature education," said Tim Sullivan, state director of The Nature Conservancy in Colorado. "Then to further be able to raise funds to support forest restoration projects at such a critical time, this is exciting and important work we'll be doing with Vail Resorts and their guests."Vail Resorts hopes to begin construction on Epic Discovery activities, after U.S. Forest Service approval, in the summer or fall of 2013. When approved, the resulting on-mountain, eco-conscious experience will generate new jobs related to both the construction of the new facilities and the long-term operation, and will help support a much healthier year-round economy for the local resort community. Epic Discovery will also create a new iconic summer destination for Colorado, attracting guests from around the world.
- Game Creek and Front Side Zip Line Tours: The ultimate outdoor experiences, these three-hour guided tours will immerse guests in the forest habitat with a stunning array of zip lines and aerial bridges. Guests will learn about the indigenous flora and fauna of this mountain ecosystem while working their way through each course's challenges.
- Adventure Ridge Challenge Tour: A multi-stage tour combining zip lines, ropes swings, bridge components and other features.
- Micro-Interpretive Centers for Education: Integrated with trails and activities around the mountain, these interpretive experiential centers will provide guests with hands-on information and activities about forest health, wildlife and the mountain geography of the White River National Forest.
- More Hiking and Mountain Biking Trails: Comprehensive interpretive and directional signage will be integrated to encourage more hiking and mountain biking across Vail Mountain and descending into the villages below.
- Family Forest Adventure Park: A playground of rope challenges and bridges to introduce young children to the wonders of the forest.
- Forest Flyer™: An alpine slide that runs on raised rails, the Forest Flyers™ wind their way down the mountain, following the natural contours of the landscape through the forest.
- Game Creek Deck and Lookout Tower: A panoramic viewing balcony nestled within awe-inspiring scenery of alpine forests, meadows of wildflowers and wildlife.
- Segway Trails and Tours: A unique way to enjoy a guided tour with your own cross-terrain, self-propelled Segway.