New Oriental Education
Nearest Resistance: $14.50
Nearest Support: $9.50Catalyst: SEC Investigation Chinese for-profit education company New Oriental Education (EDU) fell off a cliff earlier this week when the SEC announced that it was investigating the potential for fraud in the firm's financial statements. EDU has slid more than 46% in the last five trading sessions, and even though shares are bouncing today, that doesn't mean that now's a big bargain opportunity. We're still far enough from support that shares could have dramatically further to fall even if no more fundamental news comes out. EDU is just the latest in a string of Chinese companies that have been accused of committing fraud. Other names that have gone through similar drama in recent years haven't been resolved quickly and easily. Investors should steer clear of this name. As of the most recently reported period, New Oriental Education was one of Steve Mandel's Lone Pine Capital holdings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV