Nearest Resistance: $2.00
Nearest Support: $1.75Catalyst: "Less Bad" Earnings Shares of mobile phone maker Nokia (NOK) are pushing more than 7% higher today, the result of "less bad" earnings than analysts had been expecting. Yes, Nokia did post a 1.41 billion euro loss for the quarter -- a bigger one than last year's too -- but Wall Street was expecting the worst, and investors were pleasantly surprised by the actual result. From a technical standpoint, though, investors should still be expecting the worst. Shares have a strong resistance level at $2, and they've got weak support at best propping up prices at $1.75. The sustained downtrend that shares have been in since late March hasn't abated yet, and the pop in Nokia is fading into the afternoon. I'd look to go short on a push below $1.75. For another take on Nokia, it was also featured recently in " 6 Hated Stocks to Stay Away From."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV