Golden Enterprises, Inc.’s (NASDAQ: GLDC) Board of Directors today declared a quarterly dividend of $.03125 per share payable August 8, 2012 to stockholders of record on July 30, 2012.
Golden Enterprises, Inc.’s basic and diluted income for the thirteen weeks ended June 1, 2012 were $.04 compared to $.09 for the thirteen weeks ended June 3, 2011 on net sales of $35,280,087 versus $34,095,509, an increase of 3%.
For the 52 weeks ended June 1, 2012, net income was $.19 per share compared to $.26 per share in the 53 weeks ended June 3, 2011. Net sales were $136.1 million for the 52 weeks ended June 1, 2012 compared with $131.0 million for the 53 weeks ended June 3, 2011, an increase of 3.9%. When normalized to a 52 week comparison, current year sales would have shown an increase of 5.6% over the prior year sales.
Gross margins increased $1.9 million on manufacturing efficiency gains and the increase in sales overcoming a $2.8 million increase in commodity costs.Selling, general and administrative expenses for the 52 weeks ended June 1, 2012 increased $3.2 million compared to the prior year. Much of this increase was attributed to selling related expenses including advertising, fuel costs, and other vehicle related expenses, as well as expenses associated with the implementation of the Company’s new enterprise resource planning system. The following is a summary of net sales and income information.
|Three Months Ended||Twelve Months Ended|
|Thirteen Weeks Ended||52 Weeks Ended||53 Weeks Ended|
|June 1, 2012||June 3, 2011||June 1, 2012||June 3, 2011|
|Income before income taxes||1,139,366||1,833,340||3,945,849||5,109,267|
|Basic and diluted income per share||$||0.04||$||0.09||$||0.19||$||0.26|
|Basic weighted shares outstanding||11,734,632||11,734,632||11,734,632||11,735,893|
|Diluted weighted shares outstanding||11,734,632||11,734,632||11,734,632||11,735,893|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV