Another under-$10 that looks poised for higher prices here is Sequenom (SQNM), which provides products, services, diagnostic testing, applications, and genetic analysis products that translate the results of genomic science into solutions for biomedical research, translational research, molecular medicine applications and agricultural and livestock research. This stock is off to a slow start in 2012, with shares down by around 12% so far.
If you take a look at the chart for Sequenom, you'll notice that this stock has been crushed by the bears since early May, when the stock dumped from a high of $5.83 to a recent low of $3.45 a share. During that sharp move lower, shares of SQNM have consistently made lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, shares of SQNM have now started to make higher lows and some higher highs, as the stock as rebounded off that $3.45 low. That recent rebound, and possible trend change, is quickly pushing SQNM within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV