5 Biotech Stocks Under $10 Set to Soar
One under-$10 stock that's within range of triggering a major breakout trade is Complete Genomics (GNOM), a life sciences company that has developed and commercialized a DNA sequencing platform. This stock has traded virtually flat so far in 2012, with shares down around 1.7%.
If you take a look at the chart for Complete Genomics, you'll see that this stock hit a near-term bottom in May at around $1.57 a share. After tagging that bottom, shares of GNOM have started to uptrend and make higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. Also, during the last week we've seen heavy upside volume hit the chart for GNOM as the stock has risen from around $2 to its recent high of $3.34 a share. That move has now pushed GNOM within range of triggering a major near-term breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV