LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading provider of content and technology solutions, today announced its next generation legal research solution Lexis Advance™ has dramatically expanded its content and functionality, giving legal professionals superior tools and insights to optimize their research strategy and achieve the most relevant results faster. The new release provides more intuitive and customizable browse-functionality and enhanced mobile access, and also integrates with LexisNexis® Verdict & Settlement Analyzer and LexisNexis® eBooks, helping legal professionals research and analyze results all in one place.
“The legal profession has entered an era of constant change propelled by technology advancements, increasing mobility and a generational shift in the legal workforce,” said Bob Romeo, CEO of Research and Litigation Solutions at LexisNexis. “Lexis Advance is a dynamic research solution fueled by our unique ability to quickly translate customer needs and work styles into innovative capabilities – better and faster than anyone else.”
With even more options to personalize, analyze and manage legal research, the Lexis Advance solution has reached another milestone on its path to transform legal research for its customers.
"I love Lexis Advance! The new platform makes researching so much more efficient. If you are not using it you are missing out!" said Darla Woodring, Associate at an Am Law 100 firm.Lexis Advance now includes: Increased Control – Search, Browse and Filter Better search, browse and filtering provide users with more control and easier navigation:
- Source Selection – A new pre-search option to browse, search for and view details of a source, offering more control and the option to identify sources related to a legal matter.
- Browse & Search Table of Contents – Convenient browse and search of the Table of Contents lets users drill deeper into the content of pre-selected sources.
- Expanded Topics & Browse Capability – Expanded to more than 4,000 topic summaries, allows users to research a legal matter within its context or get a refresher on a legal topic.
- Snapshot – Displayed in a single, expandable overview, the new ‘Snapshot’ feature offers an efficient way to quickly review the top search results from each content type.
- Customized Settings & Document Delivery – Save individual settings and options based on user preferences, facilitating easy set-up and results management.
- Integration of Verdict & Settlement Analyzer – Search and analyze the largest available collection of verdict and settlement content to establish patterns from past cases, analyze and compare outcomes, and conduct early case assessment.
- Research Map – Depicts prior research history to validate that results are complete.
- Shepard’s ® Graphical – Visualizes citing decisions to ensure users cite good law.
- Optimized Mobile Experience – Greater alignment between online and mobile access for any type of device, with special apps for iPad and iPhone, including matching content types and filters, search within results, and the ability to highlight and annotate saved documents.
- LexisNexis® eBooks / Digital Library Integration – By September 2012, the largest collection of authoritative legal eBook content will be seamlessly integrated with direct cite links to caselaw and additional content through Lexis Advance.
- More Content – Expanded content across all categories, including news, directories, treatise & analytical materials, pattern jury instructions and expert witness analysis.