LexisNexis® Legal & Professional
, a leading provider of content and technology solutions, today announced its next generation legal research solution
has dramatically expanded its content and functionality, giving legal professionals superior tools and insights to optimize their research strategy and achieve the most relevant results faster. The new release provides more intuitive and customizable browse-functionality and enhanced
, and also integrates with
LexisNexis® Verdict & Settlement Analyzer
, helping legal professionals research and analyze results all in one place.
“The legal profession has entered an era of constant change propelled by technology advancements, increasing mobility and a generational shift in the legal workforce,” said Bob Romeo, CEO of Research and Litigation Solutions at LexisNexis. “Lexis Advance is a dynamic research solution fueled by our unique ability to quickly translate customer needs and work styles into innovative capabilities – better and faster than anyone else.”
With even more options to personalize, analyze and manage legal research, the Lexis Advance solution has reached another milestone on its path to transform legal research for its customers.
Lexis Advance! The new platform makes researching
much more efficient. If you are not using it you are missing out!" said Darla Woodring, Associate at an Am Law 100 firm.
Lexis Advance now includes:
Increased Control – Search, Browse and Filter
Better search, browse and filtering provide users with more control and easier navigation:
Exclusive Visualization Solutions
- Source Selection – A new pre-search option to browse, search for and view details of a source, offering more control and the option to identify sources related to a legal matter.
- Browse & Search Table of Contents – Convenient browse and search of the Table of Contents lets users drill deeper into the content of pre-selected sources.
- Expanded Topics & Browse Capability – Expanded to more than 4,000 topic summaries, allows users to research a legal matter within its context or get a refresher on a legal topic.
- Snapshot – Displayed in a single, expandable overview, the new ‘Snapshot’ feature offers an efficient way to quickly review the top search results from each content type.
- Customized Settings & Document Delivery – Save individual settings and options based on user preferences, facilitating easy set-up and results management.
Unique visualization solutions in Lexis Advance give users a quick, easy-to-use opportunity to review and analyze their results and complete their research with more confidence:
- Integration of Verdict & Settlement Analyzer – Search and analyze the largest available collection of verdict and settlement content to establish patterns from past cases, analyze and compare outcomes, and conduct early case assessment.
This new capability joins the two existing exclusive visualization capabilities in Lexis Advance:
Fully Integrated Anytime, Anywhere Access
- Research Map – Depicts prior research history to validate that results are complete.
- Shepard’s ® Graphical – Visualizes citing decisions to ensure users cite good law.
The enhancements also bring fully integrated access anytime, anywhere:
Significant Content Additions
- Optimized Mobile Experience – Greater alignment between online and mobile access for any type of device, with special apps for iPad and iPhone, including matching content types and filters, search within results, and the ability to highlight and annotate saved documents.
- LexisNexis® eBooks / Digital Library Integration – By September 2012, the largest collection of authoritative legal eBook content will be seamlessly integrated with direct cite links to caselaw and additional content through Lexis Advance.
The enhancements also include significant content additions allowing
users to transition to Lexis Advance:
- More Content – Expanded content across all categories, including news, directories, treatise & analytical materials, pattern jury instructions and expert witness analysis.
Lexis Advance harnesses state-of-the-art technology, powered by the LexisNexis open-sourced, big data solution High Performance Computing Cluster (HPCC Systems
), enabling the most rapid delivery of relevant research results.
Lexis Advance continues to deliver all content with transparent pricing, including a quick preview and associated costs for documents outside a user’s subscription. “I like the fact that in Lexis Advance, there’s no charge to the client for the search
we access the resource that addresses our question,” said Elaine Knecht, Director of Information Resources at Hiscock & Barclay LLP.
Significant Lexis Advance innovations and integration with additional LexisNexis
products and services will follow later in the year.
Lexis Advance screen shots can be downloaded here:
About LexisNexis Legal & Professional
LexisNexis® Legal & Professional
is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of
, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.