SL Green Realty Corp. (NYSE: SLG) today announced that the Company and its joint venture partners have closed the previously announced sale of One Court Square in Long Island City, NY to a private investor group for approximately $481 million, or $343 per square foot. The transaction included the assumption by the purchaser of $315 million of existing debt.
SL Green, a 30% owner in the joint venture, received approximately $44 million of net proceeds from the sale.
SL Green acquired its stake in the 1.4 million square foot office building which is 100% leased to Citibank, N.A., in conjunction with its 2007 acquisition of Reckson Associates Realty Corp. With this sale, SL Green's share of annualized cash rent from Citibank is reduced from 7.5% to 6.4%.
Douglas Harmon and Adam Spies of Eastdil Secured, LLC represented the sellers in the transaction.Company Profile SL Green Realty Corp., New York City's largest office landlord, is the only fully integrated real estate investment trust, or REIT, that is focused primarily on acquiring, managing and maximizing value of Manhattan commercial properties. As of March 31, 2012, SL Green owned interests in 70 Manhattan properties totaling more than 39.0 million square feet. This included ownership interests in 27.3 million square feet of commercial properties and debt and preferred equity investments secured by 11.7 million square feet of properties. In addition to its Manhattan investments, SL Green holds ownership interests in 32 suburban assets totaling 6.9 million square feet in Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island, Westchester County, Connecticut and New Jersey, along with four development properties in the suburbs encompassing approximately 0.5 million square feet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV