THE WOODLANDS, Texas, July 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Newfield Exploration Company (NYSE: NFX) today issued its mid-year operational update, highlighting recent positive results from key assessment plays in the Company's portfolio of assets. In addition, Newfield placed an updated slide deck on its website. The updates were provided in advance of second quarter earnings, planned for release after market close on July 24, 2012. A conference call will be held at 7:30 a.m. CDT on July 25, 2012. To participate in the call, dial 719-457-2087 or listen through the investor relations section of the Company's website at http://www.newfield.com.
"We have seen solid assessment results year-to-date in our key domestic operating areas," said Lee K. Boothby, Newfield Chairman, President and CEO. "Our 2012 plan called for the early and rapid assessment of new plays in the Uinta's Central Basin, the Cana Woodford in the Anadarko Basin of Oklahoma and super extended laterals (SXLs) in the Maverick Basin Eagle Ford. We are seeing very encouraging results in each area today and feel confident that the economics of these plays will allow us to move them into aggressive development in 2013 and beyond."
"Our shift to oil, which began in 2009, continues as more than half of our expected production in the second half of 2012 will be oil/liquids. For 2012, we expect our oil/liquids production will increase nearly 30% over 2011 levels. Our liquids production today is largely 'black oil'. With the strength of our performance year-to-date, we are again revising our full-year 2012 production expectations higher. Our focus today is clear: grow oil production, grow cash flow and position our Company for strong performance in 2013."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV