Travelzoo Inc. (NASDAQ: TZOO):
Second Quarter 2012 Financial Highlights:
- Revenue of $39.4 million, up 5% year-over-year
- Operating Income of $10.4 million, up 36% year-over-year
- Net income of $7.3 million, up 48% year-over-year
- Earnings per share of $0.45, compared to $0.30 in the prior-year period
- Cash flow from operations of $7.1 million
Travelzoo Inc., a global Internet media company, today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012, with revenue of $39.4 million, an increase of 5% year-over-year. Operating income was $10.4 million, up 36% year-over-year. Net income was $7.3 million, with earnings per share of $0.45, up from $0.30 in the prior-year period.
“Our strategy of publishing high-quality deals, combined with efficient execution, has led to record operating profits in Europe and North America and an overall operating margin of 26%, the highest since 2007,” said Chris Loughlin, chief executive officer of Travelzoo. “We now intend to reaccelerate growth by investing more significantly into growing our audience, expanding our mobile offerings, and continuing our sales force ramp.”North America North America business segment revenue grew 4% year-over-year to $28.7 million. Operating income for the second quarter was $7.8 million, or 27% of revenue, up from $6.5 million, or 24% of revenue, in the prior-year period. Europe Europe business segment revenue grew 7% year-over-year to $10.6 million. In local currency terms, revenue for the second quarter grew 10% year-over-year. Operating income for the second quarter was $2.5 million, compared to an operating profit of $1.1 million in the prior-year period. Subscribers Travelzoo had a total unduplicated number of subscribers in North America and Europe of 22.1 million as of June 30, 2012, up 6% from June 30, 2011. In North America, total unduplicated number of subscribers was 15.9 million as of June 30, 2012, up 4% from June 30, 2011. In Europe, total unduplicated number of subscribers was 6.1 million as of June 30, 2012, up 12% from June 30, 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV