Oshkosh Corporation (NYSE: OSK) announced today that the Company’s Defense segment has been awarded a contract to provide the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Armed Forces with 750 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected All-Terrain Vehicles ( M-ATVs). The Oshkosh M-ATVs will enhance the UAE’s ground operations by providing greater off-road mobility and crew protection to support national security, as well as critical missions related to the security of the Middle East and the broader community of nations.
The contract awarded to Oshkosh Corporation allows for additional vehicles to be ordered at the discretion of the customer. Oshkosh is scheduled to deliver M-ATVs to the UAE between January and August 2013, pending standard regulatory requirements.
“The UAE continues to expand its role, in partnership with its allies including the United States, in regional security and peace-keeping operations,” said John Urias, executive vice president, Oshkosh Corporation and president, Oshkosh Defense. “The UAE is central to our international growth strategy, and we are honored that they have selected the Oshkosh M-ATV to support their missions.”
“The M-ATV provides the industry’s highest levels of protection and performance,” said Serge Buchakjian, senior vice president and general manager of International Programs, Oshkosh Defense. “No vehicle has been more effective in supporting ground operations – from urban security patrols to combat in harsh desert and mountainous terrain. As we produce and deliver this exceptional vehicle to the UAE Armed Forces, we are equally committed to providing long-term service and to supporting those who rely on our M-ATVs to achieve their missions.”To date, Oshkosh has received delivery orders for more than 9,500 M-ATVs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV