Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd. (NYSE: RDY) today announced its unaudited consolidated financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Consolidated revenues at Rs. 25.4 billion in Q1 FY13, year-on-year growth of 28%, driven by healthy growth in key markets of North America, Russia & other emerging markets in Global Generics segment.
- EBITDA of Rs. 5.1 billion in Q1 FY13, 20% of revenues.
- PAT of Rs. 3.4 billion in Q1 FY13, 13% of revenues & recorded YoY growth of 28%.
- During the quarter, the company launched 33 new generic products, filed 18 new product registrations and filed 7 DMFs globally.
|All figures in millions, except EPS||All US dollar figures based on convenience translation rate of 1USD = Rs. 55.57|
|Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited and Subsidiaries|
|Unaudited Consolidated Income Statement|
|Particulars||Q1 FY13||Q1 FY12|
|Cost of revenues||214||11,865||47||166||9,228||47||29|
|Selling, general and administrative expenses||149||8,277||33||122||6,755||34||23|
|Research and development expenses||28||1,564||6||22||1,197||6||31|
|Other operating (income) / expense||(4)||(218)||(1)||(3)||(186)||(1)||17|
|Results from operating activities||70||3,918||15||50||2,789||14||41|
|Net finance (income) / expense||4||212||1||1||46||0||361|
|Share of (profit) / loss of equity accounted investees||(0)||(19)||(0)||(0)||(4)||(0)||375|
|Profit / (loss) before income tax||67||3,725||15||49||2,746||14||36|
|Income tax (benefit) / expense||7||365||1||2||120||1||205|
|Profit / (loss) for the period||60||3,360||13||47||2,627||13||28|
|EBITDA Computation||Q1 FY13||Q1 FY12|
|Net Interest Expenses / (Income)||1||44||4||221|
|Adjustments of exceptional items:|
|One-time charge of Voluntary Retirement Scheme||2||136|
|PAT Computation||Q1 FY13||Q1 FY12|
|Voluntary retirement scheme||2||136|
Global GenericsRevenues from Global Generics segment at Rs. 19.1 billion in Q1 FY13, year-on-year growth of 32% driven by key markets of North America, Russia & other emerging markets.
North America at Rs. 7.9 billion in Q1 FY13 grew
by 27% in USD terms, over previous year.
- Growth was largely driven by new product launches of clopidogrel, OTC lansoprazole and was further supported by key products of ziprasidone, fondaparinux, quetiapine, etc, marginally offset by regular year-on-year price declines in existing product basket.
- 5 new products were launched during the quarter including clopidogrel 300 Mg which was launched under 180-day exclusivity.
- 29 products of prescription portfolio feature among the Top 3 ranks in market shares (Source: IMS Health Volumes April 2012).
- During the quarter, 4 ANDAs were filed. Cumulatively 73 ANDAs are pending for approval with the USFDA of which 36 are Para IVs and 6 are with FTF status.
Russia and Other CIS markets at Rs. 4.2 billion in
Q1 FY13 represented year-on-year growth of 38%.
Russia at Rs. 3.5 billion in Q1 FY13 was the
highest ever from this market and represented year-on-year growth
of 30% in Rouble terms.
- Growth was driven by new product launches, volume increase across key brands and OTC portfolio.
- Revenues in Other CIS markets at Rs. 0.65 billion in Q1 FY13 grew by 22% over previous year.
- Revenues in Russia at Rs. 3.5 billion in Q1 FY13 was the highest ever from this market and represented year-on-year growth of 30% in Rouble terms.
India at Rs. 3.5 billion in Q1 FY13 grew by 19%
over previous year.
- Growth driven by volume increase across most of our key brands.
- Biosimilars portfolio grew by 15% over previous year.
- 10 new brands were launched during the quarter.
Europe at Rs. 2.2 billion in Q1 FY13 grew by 14%
over previous year.
- Revenues from Germany at Rs. 1.5 billion in Q1 FY13 grew by 17% in Euro terms over previous year. This growth was largely due to the products supplied under the AOK tender won last year.
- Revenues from PSAI are at Rs. 5.5 billion in Q1 FY 13, year-on-year growth of 14%.
- During the quarter, 7 DMFs were filed globally, with 1 each in the US and Europe. The cumulative DMF filings as of 30 th June 2012 are 550.
- Gross profit margin at 53% in Q1 FY13 remained flat versus Q1 FY12. Gross profit margin for Global Generics and PSAI business segments were at 59% and 31% respectively.
- Selling, General and Administration (SG&A) expenses including amortization at Rs. 8.3 billion increased by 23% over previous year. This increase is on account of year-on-year salary increments, higher sales & marketing costs and the effect of rupee depreciation against multiple currencies.
- Research & development expenses for Q1 FY13 at Rs. 1.6 billion is at 6% to sales.
Net Finance expense was at Rs. 212 million in Q1 FY13 versus Rs. 46
million in Q1 FY12. The change is on account of :
- Net forex loss of Rs. 209 million in Q1 FY13 versus net forex gain of Rs. 158 million in Q1 FY12. Q1 FY13 includes a charge of Rs. 297 million due to time value of options. Adjusting the impact of this charge, net forex gain on P&L is at Rs. 88 million in Q1 FY13.
- Net interest expense of Rs. 44 million in Q1 FY13 versus Rs. 221 million in Q1 FY12. This decrease in expense is largely on account of higher interest income from FD & mutual fund.
- Profit on sale of investments of Rs. 41 million in Q1 FY13 versus Rs. 17 million in Q1 FY12.
- EBITDA of Rs. 5.1 billion in Q1 FY13, 20% of revenues and recorded year-on-year growth of 21%.
- Profit after Tax in Q1 FY13 at Rs. 3.4 billion recorded year-on-year growth of 28%.
- Diluted earnings per share in Q1 FY 13 were Rs. 19.7.
- Capital expenditure in Q1 FY13 was Rs. 1.9 billion.
|Appendix 1: Key Balance Sheet Items||(in millions)|
|Particulars||As on 30th Jun 12||As on 31st Mar 12|
|Cash and cash equivalents||384||21,353||327||18,152|
|Property, plant and equipment||622||34,550||598||33,246|
|Goodwill and Other Intangible assets||245||13,597||243||13,529|
|Loans and borrowings (current & non current)||638||35,430||580||32,210|
|Appendix 2: Revenue Mix by Segment||(in millions)|
|Q1 FY13||Q1 FY12||Growth %|
|Russia & Other CIS||4,167||22||3,018||21||38|
|Proprietary Products & Others||15||813||3||9||527||3||54|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV