- Buzzard operations were very strong; the facility produced 194,000 boe/d (84,000 boe/d net to Nexen) with a production efficiency of 88%, which exceeded our target of 85%.
- Usan continues to ramp-up and is currently producing over 100,000 barrels per day (bbls/d) (20,000 bbls/d net to Nexen) from the initial production wells.
- In the Gulf of Mexico, we continue to be excited by our success at Appomattox. We recently completed a successful appraisal well in the south fault block of the structure and the preliminary indications are that we are near the upper end of our expectations. Next, we plan on drilling a sidetrack to test additional resource potential in the northwest fault block.
- We also continue to progress our exploration program elsewhere, with drilling operations underway on the North Uist well in the UK North Sea and the Owowo West well, offshore West Africa.
- We achieved first production from pad 12 at Long Lake and began steaming pad 13 ahead of expectations; these pads are expected to produce 11,000-17,000 bbls/d of gross bitumen production following an 18 to 24 month ramp-up.
Nexen Announces Continued Progress On Strategic Initiatives & Solid Second Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.