- Sales of $737.9 million increased $11.2 million, or 1.5%, from 2011 levels; excluding $20.8 million of unfavorable foreign currency translation, organic sales increased 4.5%. Second quarter 2012 revenues (net sales plus financial services revenue) were $777.8 million.
- Restructuring costs of $10.2 million included $6.8 million, as expected, for the settlement of a pension plan related to a 2011 facility closure; second-quarter 2011 restructuring costs were $1.9 million.
- Operating earnings before financial services of $104.6 million, including $8.3 million of higher restructuring costs, improved to 14.2% of sales as compared to $98.8 million, or 13.6% of sales, last year.
- Financial services operating earnings of $25.6 million compares with $17.5 million (excluding the $18.0 million arbitration settlement gain) last year; second-quarter 2011 operating earnings from financial services, including the arbitration settlement gain, were $35.5 million.
- Consolidated operating earnings of $130.2 million increased $13.9 million from comparable (excluding arbitration settlement gain) prior-year levels and improved to 16.7% of revenues as compared to 15.4% last year. Including the arbitration settlement gain, consolidated operating earnings in the second quarter of 2011 were $134.3 million or 17.7% of revenues.
- Net earnings of $76.4 million, or $1.30 per diluted share, compares with second-quarter 2011 net earnings of $66.9 million, or $1.14 per diluted share, excluding the $18.0 million ($11.1 million after tax or $0.19 per diluted share) arbitration settlement gain. Net earnings in the second quarter of 2011, including the arbitration settlement gain, were $78.0 million, or $1.33 per diluted share.
Snap-on Announces Second Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.