Operating companies income increased by 13.5% to $948 million, despite unfavorable currency of $80 million. Excluding the impact of currency and acquisitions, operating companies income increased by 22.9%, due primarily to higher pricing and favorable volume/mix of $104 million, partly offset by higher costs, principally related to investments in marketing, notably the launch of Marlboro ClearTaste in Russia, and business infrastructure, mainly in Russia. June year-to-date, operating companies income, excluding currency and acquisitions, was up by 20.7%.
Adjusted operating companies income increased by 13.5%, as shown in the table below and detailed on Schedule 11. Adjusted operating companies income, excluding currency and acquisitions, increased by 22.9% in the quarter and was up by 20.6% June year-to-date.
|EEMA Operating Companies Income ($ Millions)|
|Second-Quarter||Six Months Year-To-Date|
|Asset impairment & exit costs||0||0||0||(2||)|
|Adjusted OCI Margin*||44.1%||41.5%||2.6 p.p.||44.1%||42.1%||2.0 p.p.|
*Margins are calculated as adjusted OCI, divided by net revenues, excluding excise taxes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV