“Despite the anticipated Japan hurdle and currency headwinds, we had a solid second quarter which underscored our sustained business momentum,” said Louis C. Camilleri, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer.
“Excluding the Japan hurdle, our year-to-date organic cigarette volume grew by an exceptional 3.3%. On the same basis, our currency neutral, reported and adjusted diluted earnings per share were up by a very robust 17.2% and 18.2%, respectively.
“Our broad geographic footprint, world-class brand portfolio and a strong pricing environment remain the cornerstone of our continuing ability to capitalize on growth opportunities around the world, whilst enabling us to weather uncertainty in those markets where economic conditions are still currently weak.”
Conference CallA conference call, hosted by Hermann Waldemer, Chief Financial Officer, with members of the investment community and news media, will be webcast at 9:00 a.m., Eastern Time, on July 19, 2012. Access is available at www.pmi.com. Dividends and Share Repurchase Program During the second quarter, PMI spent $1.5 billion to repurchase 17.8 million shares, as shown in the table below.
Current $12 Billion, Three-Year Program
|Total Under Program||11,388||172,278|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV