If you look at how the underlying business has performed, and I think sometimes we're kind of a microcosm of the economy, I can give you some interesting statistics. On the refined products volumes, we were off 0.9% in terms of throughput for the second quarter of 2012 compared to the same period a year ago. And coincidentally, that's exactly equal to the EIA numbers recently published for the second quarter.
In terms of NGL volumes, our performance was much better. We were up 27%, largely through increased volumes on our Cochin and Cypress systems. We increased our biofuels volumes, and we're still handling about 30% of all the ethanol consumed in the United States. If you look at some of our terminal activities, we continue to benefit from strong coal export volumes, offset somewhat by weaker domestic coal volumes. Overall, coal volumes in our Terminals group was up 12%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV