We said we would drop down significant assets to EPB, and we did that just prior to the close by dropping down the remaining 14% of Colorado Interstate and all of the Cheyenne Plains Pipeline. We expect to drop down 100% of Tennessee, TGP, and 50% of El Paso Natural Gas to KMP during this third quarter. And I might add that we really believe that TGP, obviously, has just a unique footprint in the Marcellus and Utica. We expect to complete the FTC mandated sales of certain KMP Rockies pipelines during the third quarter also.
It's early in the game. We've only had these assets for a little less than 2 months. But so far, the assimilation is going well. We're seeing real upside possibilities from the assets, and we think we've inherited, most importantly, a great number of really good people. There are some profound effects that this merger has and, just to give you a couple of them, it now makes gas pipelines and storage across all 3 of the entities about 60% of all the earnings before DD&A. So we've become much more of a gas pipeline company, obviously.
And then secondly, by putting all these companies together, if you look at enterprise value on a combined basis, at yesterday's close, the total enterprise value of these 3 entities is right at $100 billion. So this is quite a company we've assembled, with a footprint that I think is going to pay enormous dividends for years to come.
Now let me turn to KMP. There the distributable cash flow increased by 13% to $366 million. Of course, the key thing for us is distributable cash flow per unit, and that is up to $1.07 versus $1.01 in Q2 of 2011. All the segments were positive in comparison to the second quarter of 2011 in terms of earnings before DD&A prior to certain items, with the exception of the Products Pipeline segment, which was burdened by lower rates on SFPP as a result of FERC and CPUC decisions and settlements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV