Kim will take you through the financial details, and there's a good bit of noise there resulting from the El Paso merger and from the FTC mandated sale. But I think there's a strong fundamental story in most respects. For those of you new to this call, and to the Kinder Morgan philosophy, we're all about generating cash and paying out that cash to shareholders in distributions or dividends. So the real news here, I think, is that all 3 entities increased their dividends or distributions for the second quarter.
KMI increased its dividend to $0.35. Now that's up 17% since the second quarter of 2011, and we anticipate dividending $1.40 for the year 2012. KMP and KMR raised their distribution to $1.23 per quarter. That's up 7% from the second quarter of 2011, and we anticipate distributing $4.98 for the year at KMP and KMR. EPB increased its dividend to $0.55. That's up 15% from the second quarter of 2011, and we anticipate paying dividends of $2.25 for calendar year 2012.
Now let me talk about each of the 3 entities briefly, before I turn it over to Kim. At KMI, the cash available for dividends this quarter was $307 million. That's up 83% from the $168 million in the second quarter of 2011. If you look at it on the basis of cash available for dividends per share, it's $0.36 this quarter versus $0.24 in the second quarter of 2011. And I might add that for the full year 2012 at KMI, we expect to generate over $1.3 billion in cash available for dividends.
Obviously, the most important thing that occurred during the second quarter this year was the completion of the El Paso acquisition on May 24. As we promised, in conjunction with that acquisition, we sold off the E&P assets of El Paso for approximately $7.2 billion. We had originally targeted producing $350 million of cost savings per year. We now expect that number to be north of $400 million per year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV