Genworth Financial (GNW) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Genworth Financial fell 18 cents (-3.4%) to $5.12 on light volume. Throughout the day, 6.5 million shares of Genworth Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $5.08-$5.27 after having opened the day at $5.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $5.30. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Flagstone Reinsurance Holdings (FSR), down 4.3%, American Safety Insurance Holdings (ASI), down 3.6%, Unico American Corporation (UNAM), down 3%, and StanCorp Financial Group (SFG), down 2.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Genworth Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GNW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV