Cenovus Energy Inc. (CVE): Today's Featured Basic Materials Loser
Cenovus Energy (CVE) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Cenovus Energy fell 65 cents (-1.9%) to $32.60 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.8 million shares of Cenovus Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $32.42-$33.37 after having opened the day at $33.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.25. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Whiting USA Trust I (WHX), down 34.4%, Sanchez Energy (SN), down 10.9%, Cubic Energy (QBC), down 10.1%, and Mexco Energy Corporation (MXC), down 9.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Cenovus Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV