GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, GlaxoSmithKline rose 60 cents (1.3%) to $46.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.9 million shares of GlaxoSmithKline exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $45.47-$46.07 after having opened the day at $45.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.44. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Somaxon Pharmaceuticals (SOMX), up 61.5%, Supernus Pharmaceuticals (SUPN), up 37%, ADVENTRX Pharmaceuticals (ANX), up 19.1%, and Cormedix (CRMD), up 17.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full GlaxoSmithKline Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GSK
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV