Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.7%. By the end of trading, Hewlett-Packard rose 43 cents (2.3%) to $19.30 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 28 million shares of Hewlett-Packard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 18.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.80-$19.50 after having opened the day at $18.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.87. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Stratasys (SSYS), up 12.8%, Aruba Networks (ARUN), up 11.5%, Dataram Corporation (DRAM), up 11.3%, and Riverbed Technology Incorporated (RVBD), up 11.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Hewlett-Packard Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about HPQ
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV