Cosmetics and fragrance manufacturer Estee Lauder (EL) is a household name that owns a handful of other well-known beauty brands: EL owns popular names like Clinique in addition to mall staples M-A-C and Origins. That's enough makeup power to give EL a 25% share of the world's high-end cosmetics market, a segment that's managed to hold up surprisingly well in spite of the global slowdown in consumer discretionary spending.
Even though 60 cents of every dollar EL generates comes from overseas, the firm still has plenty of room to expand its reach abroad, particularly in emerging markets where a burgeoning population of middle class women is eager to trade up their makeup. Revenues have already eclipsed pre-recession highs, and the firm has built up enough cash on its balance sheet to neutralize its debt load.>>6 Sucker Stocks to Avoid at All Costs That financial success has helped Estee Lauder to increase its annual dividend in each of the last two years. At present, the firm's payout is a split-adjusted 52 cents per share, a number that I see increasing in 2012. Concentrated ownership from the Lauder family should help put an impetus on a bigger shareholder payout.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV