To provide shippers with additional sources of managed capacity and network analysis, we continue to develop our non-asset-based VAS segment. VAS includes Brokerage, Freight Management, Intermodal and Werner Global Logistics (International).
|Value Added Services (amounts in 000’s)||2Q12||2Q11|
|Rent and purchased transportation expense||71,154||84.7||60,385||84.8|
|Other operating expenses||8,568||10.2||7,123||10.0|
The following table shows the change in shipment volume and average revenue (excluding logistics fee revenue) per shipment for all VAS shipments.
|Total VAS shipments||68,376||63,671||4,705||7||%|
|Less: Non-committed shipments to|
|Net VAS shipments||49,568||43,424||6,144||14||%|
|Average revenue per shipment||$||1,595||$||1,531||$||64||4||%|
In second quarter 2012, VAS revenues increased $13 million or 18%, gross margin dollars increased 19% and operating income dollars increased 16% compared to second quarter 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV