- Second quarter 2012 net income was $4.9 million or $.93 diluted earnings per share, a 66% increase in diluted earnings per share compared to the same period in 2011. In addition, this represents the highest quarterly net income and diluted earnings per share in the Company’s 139-year history.
- Horizon’s net income for the first half of 2012 was $9.5 million or $1.81 diluted earnings per share, a 72% increase in diluted earnings per share compared to the same period in 2011 and the highest first half net income in the Company’s history.
- Total loans increased $8.6 million during the quarter and $157.9 million over the previous twelve months to $997.1 million at June 30, 2012.
- Net interest income, after provisions for loan losses, for the first six months of 2012 was $25.4 million compared with $19.7 million for the same period in the prior year.
- The provision for loan losses decreased to $768,000 for the first six months of 2012 compared to $2.9 million for the same period in 2011.
- Net charge-offs for the first six months of 2012 were $1.3 million compared to $3.4 million for the same period in 2011.
- Total substandard loans have decreased by $21.9 million in the first six months of 2012.
- Return on average assets was 1.31% for the second quarter of 2012 and 1.27% for the first six months of 2012.
- Return on average common equity was 16.43% for the second quarter of 2012 and 16.13% for the first six months of 2012.
- The merger with Heartland Bancshares, Inc (“Heartland”) based in Franklin, Indiana closed on July 17, 2012.
- Horizon’s tangible book value per share rose to $22.22 compared to $21.35 and $19.17 at March 31, 2012 and June 30, 2011, respectively.
- Horizon Bank’s capital ratios, including Tier 1 Capital to total risk weighted assets of 12.03% as of June 30, 2012, continue to be well above the regulatory standards for well-capitalized banks.
Horizon Bancorp Announces Record Quarterly And Six-Month Earnings
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts