IBM (NYSE: IBM)
- GAAP: $3.34, up 11 percent;
- Operating (non-GAAP): $3.51, up 14 percent;
- GAAP: $3.9 billion, up 6 percent;
- Operating (non-GAAP): $4.1 billion, up 8 percent;
Gross profit margin:
- GAAP: 47.6 percent, up 1.2 points;
- Operating (non-GAAP): 48.2 percent, up 1.5 points;
- Revenue: $25.8 billion, down 3 percent, up 1 percent adjusting for currency;
- Free cash flow of $3.7 billion, up 9 percent;
- Software revenue, flat, up 4 percent adjusting for currency;
Services revenue down 3 percent, up 1 percent adjusting for currency:
- Services pre-tax income up 18 percent;
- Services backlog of $136 billion, down 6 percent, flat adjusting for currency;
- Systems and Technology revenue down 9 percent, down 7 percent adjusting for currency;
- Growth markets revenue up 2 percent, up 8 percent adjusting for currency;
- Business analytics revenue up 13 percent in the first half;
- Smarter Planet revenue up more than 20 percent in the first half;
- Cloud revenue doubled first-half 2011 revenue;
- Full-year 2012 operating (non-GAAP) EPS expectations raised to at least $15.10 from at least $15.00.
IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced second-quarter 2012 diluted earnings of $3.34 per share, compared with diluted earnings of $3.00 per share in the second quarter of 2011, an increase of 11 percent. Operating (non-GAAP) diluted earnings were $3.51 per share, compared with operating diluted earnings of $3.09 per share in the second quarter of 2011, an increase of 14 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV