(2) The Company's average repurchase agreements for the period were calculated by averaging the month end repurchase agreements balance during the period.
(3) The Company's average net assets for the period were calculated by averaging the month end net assets during the period.
(4) Our average common shares outstanding was calculated by averaging the daily common shares outstanding during the period.
(5) The Company's average yield on Agency RMBS for the period was calculated by dividing interest income from Agency RMBS by average Agency RMBS.(6) The Company's average cost of funds and hedge for the period was calculated by dividing total interest expense, including net swap and cap interest income (expense), by average repurchase agreements. (7) The Company's interest rate spread net of hedge for the period was calculated by subtracting average cost of funds and hedge from average yield on Agency RMBS. (8) The Company's operating expense ratio is calculated by dividing operating expenses by average net assets. (9) The Company's leverage ratio was calculated by dividing (i) the Company's repurchase agreements balance plus payable for securities purchased minus receivable for securities sold by (ii) net assets. * All percentages are annualized. Prepayments The portfolio recorded $651.7 million in scheduled and unscheduled principal repayments and prepayments, which equated to a constant prepayment rate (“CPR”) of approximately 18.1% and net amortization of premium of $22.7 million for the second quarter of 2012. This compared to $543.2 million in scheduled and unscheduled principal repayments and prepayments, which equated to a CPR of approximately 17.2% and net amortization of premium of $16.9 million for the first quarter of 2012. The increase in prepayments and repayments occurred due to a further decrease in mortgage interest rates during the second quarter of 2012. Dividend The Company declared a common dividend of $0.50 per share with respect to the second quarter of 2012, the same as for the first quarter of 2012. Using the closing share price of $13.77 on June 29, 2012, the second quarter dividend equates to an annualized dividend yield of 14.5%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV