(2) The Company's average repurchase agreements for the period were calculated by averaging the month end repurchase agreements balance during the period.
(3) The Company's average net assets for the period were calculated by averaging the month end net assets during the period.
(4) Our average common shares outstanding was calculated by averaging the daily common shares outstanding during the period.
(5) The Company's average yield on Agency RMBS for the period was calculated by dividing interest income from Agency RMBS by average Agency RMBS.(6) The Company's average cost of funds and hedge for the period was calculated by dividing total interest expense, including net swap and cap interest income (expense), by average repurchase agreements. (7) The Company's interest rate spread net of hedge for the period was calculated by subtracting average cost of funds and hedge from average yield on Agency RMBS. (8) The Company's operating expense ratio is calculated by dividing operating expenses by average net assets. (9) The Company's leverage ratio was calculated by dividing (i) the Company's repurchase agreements balance plus payable for securities purchased minus receivable for securities sold by (ii) net assets. * All percentages are annualized. Prepayments The portfolio recorded $651.7 million in scheduled and unscheduled principal repayments and prepayments, which equated to a constant prepayment rate (“CPR”) of approximately 18.1% and net amortization of premium of $22.7 million for the second quarter of 2012. This compared to $543.2 million in scheduled and unscheduled principal repayments and prepayments, which equated to a CPR of approximately 17.2% and net amortization of premium of $16.9 million for the first quarter of 2012. The increase in prepayments and repayments occurred due to a further decrease in mortgage interest rates during the second quarter of 2012. Dividend The Company declared a common dividend of $0.50 per share with respect to the second quarter of 2012, the same as for the first quarter of 2012. Using the closing share price of $13.77 on June 29, 2012, the second quarter dividend equates to an annualized dividend yield of 14.5%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV