The Company’s operating expenses were $5.3 million, or 1.33% of average net assets, for the second quarter of 2012, compared to $5.1 million, or 1.46% of average net assets, for the first quarter of 2012. The increase in operating expenses was primarily the result of an increase in compensation and benefits. However, expenses as a percentage of net assets decreased as a result of the larger asset base.
|(dollars in thousands)||Three Months Ended|
|Key Metrics*||June 30, 2012||March 31, 2012|
|Average Agency RMBS (1)||$||10,737,980||$||9,238,905|
|Average repurchase agreements (2)||$||9,497,267||$||8,194,067|
|Average net assets (3)||$||1,591,432||$||1,406,049|
|Average common shares outstanding (4)||116,881||104,620|
|Average yield on Agency RMBS (5)||2.62%||2.78%|
|Average cost of funds and hedge (6)||0.91%||0.90%|
|Interest rate spread net of hedge (7)||1.71%||1.88%|
|Operating expense ratio (8)||1.33%||1.46%|
|Leverage ratio (at period end) (9)||7.6:1||7.7:1|
(1) The Company's average Agency RMBS for the period was calculated by averaging the month end cost basis of settled Agency RMBS during the period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV