CYS Investments, Inc. (NYSE: CYS) (“CYS” or the “Company”) today announced financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Second Quarter 2012 Highlights
- GAAP net income of $101.7 million, or $0.87 per diluted share.
- Core Earnings of $44.8 million, or $0.38 per diluted share.
- A component of the Company’s net income for the quarter was $15.0 million, or $0.13 per diluted share, of appreciation on forward settling purchases (also referred to as “drop income”) that was accounted for as net gain from investments on our statement of operations and therefore excluded from our Core Earnings.
- Operating expenses of 1.33% of average net assets.
- June 30, 2012 net asset value of $13.52 per share after declaring a $0.50 dividend per share on June 8, 2012.
- Interest rate spread net of hedge of 1.71%.
- Weighted average amortized cost of Agency RMBS of $103.47.
On July 16, 2012, the Company completed an underwritten public offering of 46,000,000 shares of common stock at a public offering price of $13.70 per share, raising approximately $622.2 million of net proceeds, bring the total shares of common stock outstanding to 166,603,668 as of July 16, 2012. The Company has invested all of the net proceeds of this offering into Agency RMBS and interest rate swap and caps as indicated below:
|Asset Type||Coupon||Settle Date||Par Value (in thousands)||Weighted Average Price|
|15 Year Fixed Rate||3.00||%||July 2012||1,414,103||105.44|
|15 Year Fixed Rate||3.00||%||August 2012||150,000||105.33|
|15 Year Fixed Rate||3.00||%||October 2012||100,000||104.95|
|30 Year Fixed Rate||3.50||%||September 2012||1,150,000||105.59|
|30 Year Fixed Rate||3.50||%||October 2012||1,250,000||105.32|
|Hybrid ARMs||2.44||%||July 2012||148,853||104.52|
|Hybrid ARMs||2.40||%||August 2012||40,000||104.25|
|Hybrid ARMs||2.40||%||September 2012||200,000||104.10|
|Interest Rate Swaps||Expiration Date||Fixed Pay Rate||Floating Receive Rate (1)||Notional Amount (in thousands)|
|Credit Suisse International (3)||7/13/2017||0.86||%||0.456||%||$||750,000|
|Interest Rate Caps||Expiration Date||Notional Amount (in thousands)|
|The Royal Bank of Scotland plc||7/16/2019||1.25||%||$||500,000|
|Morgan Stanley Capital Service, Inc.||7/16/2022||1.75||500,000|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV