For the third quarter of fiscal 2012, F5 Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: FFIV) announced revenue of $352.6 million, up 3.8 percent from $339.6 million in the prior quarter and 21.3 percent from $290.7 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2011.
GAAP net income was $72.3 million ($0.91 per diluted share), compared to $68.6 million ($0.86 per diluted share) in the prior quarter and $62.5 million ($0.77 per diluted share) in the third quarter a year ago.
Excluding the impact of stock-based compensation, amortization of purchased intangible assets and acquisition-related charges and related tax effects, non-GAAP net income for the third quarter was $90.6 million ($1.14 per diluted share), compared to $87.1 million ($1.09 per diluted share) in the prior quarter and $79.4 million ($0.97 per diluted share) in the third quarter of last year.
A reconciliation of GAAP net income to non-GAAP net income is included on the attached Consolidated Statements of Operations.“During the third quarter, F5’s revenue and earnings continued to grow sequentially and year over year despite a more cautious spending environment,” said John McAdam, F5 president and chief executive officer. “Overall, revenue growth slowed in Q3, but revenue by region was generally consistent with historical patterns; 57 percent for the Americas (primarily the United States) and 43 percent for EMEA and APJ, with EMEA contributing 21 percent of the total. “As in the prior quarter, our security offerings were a key driver of product sales and accounted for a growing percentage of total revenue. In addition, we saw continued strong uptake of VIPRION 2400 along with increasing adoption of TMOS version 11. “During the next six to nine months we are on track to deliver several new products, including a refresh of our BIG-IP appliance family, new policy enforcement capability for service providers and an eight-blade VIPRION chassis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV