Greene County Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: GCBC) today announced that its Board of Directors has approved the continuation of the Company’s regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.175 per share. The dividend reflects an annual cash dividend rate of $0.70 per share.
The cash dividend for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 will be paid to shareholders of record as of August 15, 2012. The $0.175 per share quarterly dividend will be payable on August 31, 2012.
The Company is the majority-owned subsidiary of Greene County Bancorp, MHC, a federal mutual holding company, which owns 55.1 percent of the Company’s outstanding common shares. Historically, Greene County Bancorp, MHC has waived its right to receive dividends declared on its shares of the Company’s common stock, and Greene County Bancorp, MHC has waived the receipt of dividends for the quarter end June 30, 2012, subject to the non-objection of the Federal Reserve Board. The Federal Reserve Board has adopted interim final regulations that impose significant conditions and restrictions on the ability of mutual holding companies to waive the receipt of dividends from their subsidiaries, and the Board of Directors does not expect that Greene County Bancorp, MHC will obtain the non-objection of the Federal Reserve to waive the receipt of its dividends on the Company’s common stock for the June 30, 2012 quarter. Accordingly, it is expected that such dividend will be paid to Greene County Bancorp, MHC.
Greene County Bancorp, Inc. is the direct and indirect holding company, respectively, for The Bank of Greene County, a federally-chartered savings bank, and Greene County Commercial Bank, a New York-chartered commercial bank, both headquartered in Catskill, New York. The Banks serve Greene, Columbia and Albany Counties in New York from twelve full-service branch locations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV